Friday, March 5, 2010

Betty Crockers in Training!


Jasmine saw a picture of bakery cookies in a store ad and she proceeded to cut it out and told me to put this on my list. I finally told her that we could make some that would taste better.
Both girls are in the stage where they want to help, add this, stir that. It is kind of annoying because anyone that knows me, knows the kitchen is my place to create. So they tend to get in the way. But, I hold my breath and deal with it, because I once was a child eager to learn and cook. And I want my girls to learn and feel like they are welcomed in the kitchen to do just that.
So knowing this moment would be for them, to make something they love and enjoy, I know we all would have fun! And that we did!
Jasmine was soooo proud that she got to use the hand blender all by herself! She actually did a good job handling it. Aliyah really loves adding and mixing. They added the chocolate chips and then started to "steal" them out of the bowl! I let them because I thought it was so cute. We made some with regular chocolate chips and some with white chocolate chips. I don't like regular, but I love white!!! I don't know why that is. But if you give me a chocolate chip cookie, I eat around the chips. Anyways, the girls where so proud of their masterpieces!!!
I took a picture of them in front of their cookies and let them take a cookie to eat. When I took a pic of Aliyah she snatched 2 cookies as fast as she could and took a bite of both, and then held one so tightly in her hand that it was beginning to crumble( I think she was afraid I would say no, and take it away,lol). It was a fun little night for us girls
.

2 comments:

jenni kaufusi said...

LoVE IT. ps we should get our hubands and go out and sell for APX this summer! haha jk hell no!

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

ha they get good practice from watching you betty cricker #2!!! you are always cooking something yummy:)