Saturday, May 3, 2008

And Another thing...


Most of you know we don't drink tap water. In utah we would buy a gallon then go back to the store and refill it at one of the reverse osmosis machines for like .33cents. They don' t believe in that out here. In fact I have asked SEVERAL people where I could do that and no one knows what I am talking about! That concept does NOT exist! Crazy. It can get pricey to buy a gallon of water for a dollar when we are use to using 14 gallons a week!
One more thing... when buying meat you have to be careful, they seriously sell meat like past the due date, not just like one or two days , but my friend bought one and she thought it smelled funny so she looked at the date and it had expired A MONTH earlier! I personally don't trust buying meat anywhere but Costco. Good ol' Costco. I have come to love so much more living in Utah.
Ok so I am done with my little complaints. I really think it is interesting how it can be so different on the other side of the states.

1 comment:

Adhis said...

We were at a Smith's store here late one night looking for chicken. I saw a package and the meat looked brown. The expiration date was a few weeks old. I took it up to the cashier and asked for the manager.

When the manager walked up, I could tell he thought I was just some lady with nothing to gripe about it. I calmly asked him "what's the date today?" After he responded, I asked "what's the date on this package?" He did a double-take and then I told him that I had just found it in his store.

They should have given me some sort of customer appreciation discount; I could have totally called the news on them.