Sunday, April 13, 2008

Road trip to New Jersey

Have you ever road cross country with a 2 year old and a 9 month old? I did, and let me tell you it was not what I was expecting. We started our journey at Utah at 10:00 pm at night( we wanted to make it so they wouldn't be awake for most of it), we drove all night until the next day about 4:00 pm. The girls were AMAZING! They didn't really complain at all! We called it a day and rewarded them by stopping in Iowa getting a hotel room and went swimming. Screw the whole driving all night thing we wanted to sleep in a bed not curled up in a ball in a little honda civic! It took us 3 1/2 days to get New Jersey, we didn't rush it, we even stopped at a amish community and had lunch in one of their restaurants. We tried FRIED PICKLES for the very first time. I was really scared to try them but I always keep hearing people from the south rave about it, so we decided to give it a try.
I am greatful that we made it here safe and sound. I think we all were screaming HALLELUJAH! we are finally here! Now, I wouldn't say that it was the most amazing experience but my girls are truly sweet little angels! They made our trip interesting and unforgettable.

4 comments:

Utah_Dave said...

I'm glad you guys made it OK!

(Gra)Ma Adhis said...

Fried PICKLES ????!!!!!
Did you like them ???
Did the girls eat them ?

Ditto Dave, I am glad you made it safe.

Bybee's said...

that's awesome that they were awesome! glad to hear about it!

Laura said...

Well? Were the pickles any good?